The Write Place Creative Writing School
OPEN SHORT STORY COMPETITION
We are inviting short story entries with an open theme, up to 1,500 words
Prizes: First ¬£100, Second ¬£75, Third ¬£50 Entry fees: ¬£4.50 per item
Closing date for entries: 31st August 2011
Judge: Linda Lewis
Linda has been writing short stories for many years, having sold around 300 to magazines. She has a column each month in Writers Forum magazine called Short Story Success. http://akacatherinehoward.weebly.com/
Competition guidelines and further information about The Write Place is available by sending an SAE to Francesca Burgess at the address below.
Cheques or postal orders for entries to be made payable to The Write Place and posted to: TWP Competition, Francesca Burgess, 34 Capelands, New Ash Green, Longfield, Kent, DA3 8LG
The Write Place is also providing an optional one page tick critique at ¬£4.50 per story, to be returned after judging is completed.
* Stories must be no longer then 1,500 words.
* Work to be typed on one side of each page with pages numbered
* Stories to be double line spaced, on white paper with no distinguishing marks to identify the writer
* Each submission is to have a front page, attached by a paperclip, showing name, address and contact details of the writer along with the word count and title of entry.
* Each entry is to have an A5 stamped, addressed envelope for results. Please ensure that postage is correct for the size of the envelopes.
* Please keep a copy of your work as it will not be returned.
* The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not conform to the rules.
* Entries are not to have been published previously or have been placed in a competition.
* Copyright will remain with the author although winning entries will be displayed on our website.
* Results will be posted on our websitehttp://www.thewriteplace.org.uk/http://www.thewriteplace.org.uk/page8.htm
Click on the link above and go to the contest official site