The Silver Quill Society Short Story Contest
Best Short Fiction 2010
Must be postmarked by September 25, 2010
* Entry fee: $5.00
* You may enter as many times as you wish, but entry fee must accompany each entry
* 3,000 words max
Winner to be announced in the Oct/Nov/Dec 2010 issue and on our website at www.thestorytellermagazine.com
Do not send SASE--No submissions will be returned.
* 1st place $50.00
* 2nd place $25.00
* 3rd place $15.00
* 1st Honorable Mention $10.00
This is an open genre contest, but send your best and remember this story will be published in The Storyteller in the Oct/Nov/Dec issue (if room), or in the Jan/Feb/March issue. Publishing of the winning story is totally up to the winner--it is not a requirement for winning.
Include title page: Title, name, address, phone number and email (if you have one) and number of words. Your name should not appear anywhere else on the manuscript. To have your name on your manuscript will result in disqualification.
No pornograph, erotica, new age, children's stories, graphic horror, graphic voilence, graphic language, nor will we include anything deemed racial or biased toward any religion, race or moral preference.
2441 Washington Rd.
Maynard, AR 72444
WRITE: SILVER QUILL on outside of envelope
Make checks or money orders payable to The Storyteller
Just what kind of stories are the judges looking for?
1. Showing, showing, showing
2. An imaginative story with fictional characters in unique, dramatic situations (my divorce, my first job, my trip to grandmas will probably not win)
3. A smooth flow to the writing, best accomplished by mixing description and dialouge, avoiding cliches, avoding formality in conversation (unless the character requires it--for example, a professor), varying sentence length, and grammar is important, but not as important as the other elements.http://www.freewebs.com/fossilcreek
to order copies and subscriptionshttp://www.storyteller1.upcsites.org/http://www.storyteller1.upcsites.org/page/page/3773128.htm
Click on the link above and go to the contest official site