* Three Fiction Prizes: $1000, $350 and $150
* First prize includes publication in Quarterly West
* All finalists will be considered by Quarterly West
Judge: Fran√ßois Camoin
Entry fee: $20 per submission
Deadline: September 15, 2010
Manuscripts no longer than 7,500 words or 20 pages must be submitted electronically through the Writers at Work web site.
Fran√ßois Camoin is author of April, May, and So On and Like Love but Not Exactly, and other fiction, and teaches at the University of Utah. His work appears in Mid-American Review, Missouri Review, Nimrod and Quarterly West
* Judging is blind. Manuscripts must not contain the name of the submitter.
* Writers are eligible if they have not yet published a book-length volume of original work with a national press in the genre in which they submit a manuscript.
* Only unpublished work may be submitted. Work will be considered published if it has appeared in any print journal or literary magazine or has appeared in an electronic magazine or journal. Posting work on personal websites is not considered publishing.
* Please do not submit work from chapbooks or work published by a vanity press. Self-published work printed for limited distribution is acceptable.
* Current or former students who have studied with the judge in an accredited degree-granting program or institution are not eligible for the competition.
* Previous winners are not eligible in the genre in which they have won.
* Writers at Work Board members are prohibited from submitting manuscripts during their tenure on the board.
* Manuscript should contain a short story or novel chapter
* First prize is $1000 and publication in Quarterly West
* Second prize is $350
* Third prize is $150
* All finalist manuscripts will be submitted to Quarterly West for consideration.
Manuscripts no longer that 7,500 words or 20 pages must be submitted electronically. Entry fee of $20 will be accepted by PayPal.
Click on the link above and go to the contest official site