About the Award
Fourth Genre will seek the best creative nonfiction essay/memoir for its sixth annual Michael Steinberg Essay Prize. Authors of previously unpublished manuscripts are encouraged to enter.
The winning author receives $1,000, and the winning entry will be published in an upcoming issue of Fourth Genre. Runner-up entry will be considered for publication.
SUBMISSIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THESE GUIDELINES WILL BE RECYCLED UNREAD. PLEASE READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY PRIOR TO SUBMISSION.
COMPLETE ENTRY FEE CHECKS FULLY AND CORRECTLY; INCLUDE WITH SUBMISSIONS.
* Reading period: January 5‚ÄďFebruary 28. Submissions must be postmarked on or before February 28.
* Reading fee: $15 (U.S.) per entry
o Make checks payable to ‚ÄúMichigan State University Press‚ÄĚ
o Multiple submissions accepted; include $15 entry fee for each individual submission
* Include in cover letter (one page limit): name, address, phone number, email address, title of piece, and approximate word count
* No names should appear anywhere on the manuscript
* Word limit - 6,000 (Longer submissions will not be read)
* Winners will be announced on our website at http://www.msupress.msu.edu/journals/fg;
all manuscripts recycled
* Current Michigan State University students, faculty, and staff are not eligible to enter the Michael Steinberg Essay Prize contest.
* Electronic submissions will not be considered
* For manuscript receipt confirmation, include a self-addressed stamped postcard
* Contest status queries will not be accepted
* Winner and runner-up (if applicable) announced at the end of April
Send submissions to:
Fourth Genre Editors‚Äô Prize
201 Morrill Hall
Department of English
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824-1036http://msupress.msu.edu/http://msupress.msu.edu/journals/fg/index.php?Page=subguide#Prize
Click on the link above and go to the contest official site