The Travel Writing Contest is run by a a group of writing enthusiasts in Northern England who want to support the arts in this time of recession. Deadline is May 31, 2011.
1. Entries are invited from anyone living anywhere in the world. Your piece must written in English.
2. You must be aged 17 or over to enter this competition.
3. The entry fee is ¬£3 per submission, payable via the Paypal link on the Submit page. You may submit up to three stories/articles.
4. Your piece must be between 1,000 and 3,000 words.
5. Your submission must be in Microsoft Word and double-spaced. On a cover sheet please include your name, full address, contact phone number and email address, and whether your entry is creative non-fiction or fiction.
On subsequent pages of your Word document include your name at the top right of each page. Please number each page. You may title your work if you wish.
6. If you are a member of Rossgill Media or related to one of the members or one of the judges you may not enter The Travel Writing Contest.
7. Please ensure you keep a copy of your work on a memory stick, disc or hard-drive. Entries cannot be returned.
8. The prize is ¬£100, payable via Paypal.
9. The the judges' decision is final.
10. Please comply with the competition rules or your entry will be disqualified.
As the author you retain copyright of your work. By submitting your piece to this contest you agree that Rossgill Media can publish winning entries on this website. http://www.thetravelwritingcontest.com/http://www.thetravelwritingcontest.com/rules-copyright--prize.html
Click on the link above and go to the contest official site