Is your Writer Muse not feeling the love this Valentine’s season? Put them to work by participating in the Pagan Writers Community’s first Flash Fiction Contest!
What is “Flash Fiction”?
There is no standard definition of what flash fiction is, but most people agree that it is a complete short story told between 300 and 1,000 words. These stories contain characters, plots and settings like in regular fiction, but with the limit on words, each word has to be carefully selected to make a big impact.
Deadline for all Contest Submissions: 12:01am CST on March 8, 2010
Word Count: 250 to 1000 words. Those over or under will be automatically disqualified. The title does not count towards word count.
Entry Fee: $2 per entry with a maximum of 3 entries per writer. The entry fee will be accepted via PayPal only. The fee(s) should be paid at time of submission.
* Each entry should be in a separate document in a .doc or .rtf file format.
* Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Subject line should read “Flash Fiction Contest Entry”. Entries received without this subject heading will not be considered.
* Include brief bio (80 word maximum) along with the author name you would like to use if you are selected as the winner. Both the bio and your name must be included in the body of your email.
* Stories with excessive gore, violence, profanity, or sex are not appropriate.
* Stories should not have been previously published.
* All entries may be considered for publication in the Pagan Writer’s Community at a future time. If we were interested in publishing your story, we would contact you to obtain your agreement first.
Judging will be a two-step process. All entries will first be judged by the PWC Staff Core Team and Editors. The five most highly-rated entries will then be made available for voting by the readers of the Pagan Writers Community eZine.
Entries will be judged based on style, originality, technical skills, and content. We highly recommend that you have someone proofread your story before you submit
All documents will be re-formatted and any names removed before they are sent to the judges or posted on the site for judging.
* Grand Prize – $50 Cash Prize (via PayPal)
* First Runner Up – $25 Cash Prize (via PayPal)
* Second Runner Up – PWC Tote Bag and Hat
* Honorable Mentions (2) – PWC Mug
Winners should be notified within three (3) weeks of the contest deadline if they have won a prize. Any prizes not claimed within two (2) weeks after the announcement will be forfeit.
If you have any questions about the rules of this contest, please send them to email@example.com
. We will address them as quickly as possible.http://paganwriters.com/http://paganwriters.com/contests/
Click on the link above and go to the contest official site