April is National Poetry Month!
Do you have a cat, dog, mouse, hamster, gerbil or any other type of pet you feel poetic about?
MEET ME AT THE CORNER, Virtual Field Trips for Kids and Flashlight Press want to celebrate with poems for our four-legged friends. Put your thoughts and feelings into a poem and submit with a photo of your pet. The winning poems and pet's photos will be highlighted in a MEET ME AT THE CORNER video podcast during 2010. See rules and regulations below for prizes and details.
The poems will be judged by Thad Krasnesky, poet and author, of That Cat Can't Stay. (Flashlight Press, 2010).
Rules & regulations
1. The poetry contest is open to children 5-12.
2. Each poem must be an original work. (Only one poem per child, please).
3. Your poem about your pet may be of any length and in any style.
4. Each poem must be titled and submitted with a photo of your pet.
5. Poems may be submitted in one of two categories: ages 5-9 or ages 10-12.
6. Each poem entered must be submitted on a separate sheet of 8¬Ĺ" x 11" paper. Typed entries are preferred.
7. On the back of the poem, include contestant's full name, address, phone number, email, age and category.
8. Poems will not be returned and become the property of MEET ME AT THE CORNER, Virtual Field Trips for Kids.
THE DEADLINE IS APRIL 15, 2010
All entries must be sent to:
MEET ME AT THE CORNER
20 West Del Norte
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
One grand-prize winner in each category will receive an Amazon Gift Certificate worth $50 and an autographed copy, That Cat Can't Stay by Thad Krasnesky.
Entries will be judged for theme, originality, creativity, and artistic quality. Winning poems in each category will be highlighted in a video podcast for MEET ME AT THE CORNER, Virtual Field Trips for Kids during 2010http://pawsforpoetry.org/
Click on the link above and go to the contest official site