Call for Submissions
May 15, 2010
August 1, 2010
Noble Row, a journal of contemporary fiction, art, and music, is casting its net in search of the finest short stories for its annual Short Fiction Award!
The winner and up to three finalists will be chosen by the editorial board of Noble Row Magazine.
THE TOP STORY RECEIVES:
$500 cash and
featured publication in Noble Row in September 2010, including the winning piece, author bio, and author interview.
UP TO THREE FINALISTS RECEIVE:
featured publication in Noble Row in October and November 2010.
The Awards are open to previously unpublished short fiction, 8,000 words or less. All genres and styles accepted.
What are we looking for? Stories that are personal and engaging, uncompromising in their vision, provocative, and thought-provoking. In short, excellence.
New, emerging, and established writers are all encouraged to enter.
Submitting your short story couldn't be easier! It only takes two steps...
Attach your story as a Word (.doc) file or PDF and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include "FICTION AWARD" in the Subject Line, and type your contact info (the title, author's name, mailing address, email address, and phone number) into the body of the email.
Please note, the competition will be judged anonymously, so the author's name should not appear anywhere on the attached manuscript.
Pay the entry fee via Credit Card, Paypal, or electronic check. The fee is $15 per story.
There is no Step 3! When we receive your submission and fee, we'll shoot you a confirmation email and that's it. You're in the running!
* Stories must be unpublished
* 8,000 words or less
* In English, or translated into English
* The author retains ALL rights to their work.
* Simultaneous submissions are accepted as long as you notify us if and when it's accepted elsewhere
* Judged Anonymously: the author's name should not appear anywhere within the story
* Authors previously published in Noble Row are not eligible
* Staff, associates, family, friends, interns, and anyone else connected to Noble Row is not eligible
* Winners announced August 1, 2010
* Winning writers will be published in Fall editions of Noble Row, and will be granting Noble Row one-time, non-exclusive permission to publish their story. The author, at any time, may contact us and request their story be taken down.
* All submissions will be recycled and/or deleted at the end of the competition.
* Questions? email:
* transmit[at] noblerow.comhttp://noblerow.com/http://noblerow.com/fictionprize/
Click on the link above and go to the contest official site