Every three months we run a short story competition. Our competitions are open to anyone. The best six entries will be included in the next edition of our magazine.
Anyone who submits must first read our terms and conditions:
1. No fan fiction.
2. You must submit your own work.
3. Your work must not be racist, illegal, sexist, incite religious hatred, expound strong political beliefs, contain strong language, explicit sex scenes, graphic violence or be otherwise something that could be deemed offensive.
4. Submissions are accepted by email only and must be an attachment (emails that are in the body of the email will not be accepted). The attachment should be a doc, docx, txt, odt or rtf format. Submissions should be sent to email@example.com
. Please include the words ‚Äėshort story submission‚Äô in the subject field.
5. The submission must be a completed short story which is 2000-5000 words in length.
6. The editor reserves the right to edit submissions for length or to remove any sections which are likely to cause offense.
7. Entry fee: none.
8. Prize: Inclusion in the next edition of our online magazine.
9. The editor will not enter into correspondence about why your submission was rejected.
10. We accept submissions for the next issue provided they are submitted no later than 23.59 GMT the day of the deadline. Any submitted late will considered for the issue after that.
11) We use the following deadlines throughout the year (with successful submission appearing in the issue for that season): February 28th, May 31st, August 30th, November 30th.
12) Successful entries will be displayed in the latest edition for three months. After that they will go into our archive.
13) No erotica or pornography
14) Multiple entries are acceptable but they must be submitted separately.
15) Submissions are open to anyone but they must written in <strong>British English. </strong>
16) Please put your name on top of the entry, ideally in the header.
17) You will retain the copyright of the entry.
18) Please use size 12 and the times new roman font (or the nearest equivalent).
19) By submitting you accept these terms and conditions.
20) All competition winners will be notified by email.http://221bmagazine.co.ukhttp://221bmagazine.co.uk/?page_id=55
Click on the link above and go to the contest official site